Help with Control Arm Spindles

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with Control Arm Spindles
From: "David Sexton" <dave@loanadvantage.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:13:59 -0700
I'm rebuilding the front suspension and have taken off the upper and lower
control arms and their corresponding spindles. The spindles look fairly
simple to examine but how can you tell if they are worn out and need
replacing? After taking off the front stabilizer bar I noticed a little
side-to-side play on the lower control arm. Call me stupid but it looks as
though I should be able to clean them up and reinstall. I'm definitely not a
suspension expert but what am I missing?

Thanks,
Dave Sexton
Sparks, NV
'70 1600 Coming Back To Life