Gas Shortages

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Shortages
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:57:31 -0400
Gas shortages are now evident in NYC although prices are 'reasonable' compared
to other parts of the country, if reasonable is 3.29.

NYC and the surrounding counties are pretty tough about price gouging.

I hope the situation improves but there's a good possibilty that the reserves
(I heard 10 days worth providing people don't horde) may run out before new
gas arrives. NJ does have many refineries but I don't know what is refined
other than it smells a lot.

I planned to go to Lime Rock this weekend for the vintage festival but instead
may just end up at my friend's house who lives on the way there but 40 miles
closer and is an easy less than tankful excursion.

I hope I can make it to the Glen and I am sure a lot of people here also hope
the best for what may come in the next week.

Funny how quickly plans change. Last weekend who woulda' thunk that a disaster
like this could occur - an American Disaster of unchronicled proportions and
the response which is an embarassement for our entire nation. If this were in
the private sector heads would roll and the CEO fired and probably all his
subordinates, but then again we're talking about politicians and they don't
take responsibility for anything, at anytime. Teflon Dons they all be.
Politicians make used car salesmen look like angels, well almost.

Mike

PS - Anyone heard from Cheney lately? Still in his hurricane shelter?