Re: Question on Wheels

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question on Wheels
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:41:32 -0400
The issue is definitely offset.

For example, I run 205/60-14 RE-71s (which has a fairly "square" contact
patch to sidewall profile) on 14x7 American wheels with no fender roll,
and don't get any rub at all.

I wish I could remember the offset on those wheels, but they went on in
1980, I recall "doing the math" for quite a while before ordering them,
but simply don't recall the backset/offset dimensions.

- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex