RE: OT SUNBEAM TIGER

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OT SUNBEAM TIGER
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 19:44:56 -0700
Looks pretty nice. The rear is a bit derivative of the BMW Z8, I think, but
the whole thing is nicely done.

The way the headlights are set reminded me of an old car from the late 50's
called a Bocar. Hadn't thought of that one in years. I've been searching
thru hundreds of Google links but have only found a few that reference the
car. Apparently Bocar is a very popular name in Africa and parts of the
Middle East, plus there is a Bocar company in Africa that makes Land Rover
rhino guards or something.

The original was based on Corvette components with a tube frame and
fiberglass body (and VW torsion-bar front suspension, by one account -
yuck!). It made #8 on Motor Trend's list of the 50 most memorable cars, with
a 6.0 0-60 and a 14.0 quarter mile. Not too shabby for 1959.

I did manage to find that a 1958 Bocar competed at the Monterey Historics in
2004. Here's a shot of the front end:
http://www.gildea.com/gallery/monterey04/IMG_3755

Gordon