Question on Wheels

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Question on Wheels
From: andy Zimmerman <andyz1147@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 22:35:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hello List,
  I have been working on restoring my 1968 Datsun
Roadster(my first car) for the past couple months.  I
am still getting it ready to be painted (high school
graduation gift), but I had a question about the
wheels.  The car came with 14x7 wheels (0 offset) with
195x60 tires, but the rubbed whenever you went over
the smallest bump.  They rubbed constantly on the
outer lip of the rear tire if you had two people in
the car.  I have been following the list and a few
guys were talking about "rolling" their lip, so I
followed suit, and it is now some better.  The guys at
Discount Tire said that they could put 185 tires on
and that it would solve any problems I might be
having.  Does anyone think that this will be enough,
or will I always experience rubbing with these wheels.

On another note, does anyone have a distributer clip
that they would be willing to part with?  I am
currently using a wire hanger bent into a C.

Thanks,
Andy Zimmerman
1968 Roadster 2000

Scottsdale, AZ