RE: Goodbye and Farewell

To: "'Andrew Murphy'" <solex675@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Goodbye and Farewell
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:04:52 -0700
Andrew mentioned:

> So now we have no Solvang show unless someone else steps forward to
> run the show. I speak for a lot of people when I say that we were
> relieved every year when Lou said he would run the show next year.
> Talk about a lot of time and work!

>From what I see, FREDROC will still put on the show, although without
Lou in 2006. And if FREDROC doesn't want to do it, I'm sure someone else
will step up to the plate. I can't see them not doing it, as they've
done a superb job with the show.

Several years ago, Todd Osborn and I (of BADROC) turned it over to Lou
when he approached us. We had previously taken it over from Les
Cannaday. Several others within BADROC assisted with the event, but Todd
was the ringmaster (as is the case with Lou now). My memory is foggy
(usually the case) but I think Les first proposed the idea of the
Solvang meet being handled by different clubs every couple years. So if
FREDROC wishes to turn over the reins to another club someday, are there
other clubs willing to step up to the plate? (By the way, I don't speak
for FREDROC, if they want to do it for the next 10 years that would be
wonderful!)

Fred Katz - So.SF
BADROC