Re: vendors

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vendors
From: SPYDER62@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 22:27:34 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/2005 11:34:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
datsunsport@ca.inter.net writes:

Dear  roadster people:
Why is the roadster community so keen on roasting people  on this list?
Most of the time, this list is one of the enjoyable parts of  the day.
On other occasions, I have to use the delete button far too  often. Most
roadster owners have owned their roadsters for over 10 years  and have
gotten to know all of the vendors and appreciated them  each  in a
different way. My dealings with Dean 15 years ago were much different
then they are today. We have all matured, aged, and mellowed out.
Without Dean's help, I could not have done such a good job on Will
Haney's 1969 2000 that is almost ready for shipping back to  Maryland.

No one is perfect. We all have flaws. I might be setting  myself up for
a roast but here is how I feel: we are all in this together.  Lets play
nice and if you want to flame someone, don't use the list: talk  to them
direct: you might find out something about yourself  and the  guy whose
reputation you want to tarnish.

Ross  Mullen

Well, said Ross.
 Now if the kids would grow up this would be one great forum. This is  a lot
like one of the Corvair vendors always roasting one of the others, it gets
old real fast and takes the FUN out of the hobby. We need all the venders we
can
 get and I'm surprised we are lucky to have as many as we have when you
consider  the limited market for Roadster parts. Get real how many of us are
still
driving  what was a rare car even when it was new.
  As in any small business you need to at least break even to keep the  doors
open, you just can't give stuff away, as any part given away means one or
two more not sold. How many of you order only one part? I know I end up
ordering
 stuff I might need to make the order would my time as well as the vendors
time,  plus shipping kills you on a small order.
off my soap box for now.
rich
 PS: I  just bought a Laser engraver and can do Club trophies if you need any
but they  will not be free or at cost, but less then most places will charge
for custom  designed trophies.
I do like to  eat and have to pay off the Laser.
_www.shepswoodncrafts.com_ (http://www.shepswoodncrafts.com/)
www.shepswoodncrafts.com/laserengraving.html