Re: Got the Head off!!!! Check out the Pics.

To: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>,
Subject: Re: Got the Head off!!!! Check out the Pics.
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:39:15 -0600
Yes.  I'm kidding.

If you are going to sand on the piston you should remove it from the motor.
You don't want all that aluminum powder going into the motor.  I've had a
Kawasaki and a roadster motor run for a long time with beat up pistons.
Both had dents where the PO installed spark plugs that were a little too
long.  I didn't seem to notice any detonation because of the gouges.  A
concern might be that a crack could form around the rough edges.

Andy