Re: Got the Head off!!!! Check out the Pics.

To: neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Got the Head off!!!! Check out the Pics.
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:31:19 EST
Daniel,

    Doesn't really look that bad. A couple of new  valves and seats, a little
smoothing on the head and piston and it should be in  pretty good shape.
Check the inside of the piston crown for any bulging or  cracks. It it's just
surface damage smoothing off the rough edges should take  care of it. I had a
little Renault that sucked a throttle screw. I pried it out  of the head,
smoother
out the gouge and it ran fine for a long time.

keith

In a message dated 12/26/2004 9:26:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,