Re: Carb cleaning tip, what not to do

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb cleaning tip, what not to do
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:36:50 -0700
> I seriously doubt that they were matched at the factory.

Why?
The engine pistons were hand-matched to the cylinders bores.
So why not match carb pistons to their domes?

I've no idea if they did this, but imagine making a bunch of domes
and then grading them by size, maybe 'small', 'medium', and 'large'.
Then make a bunch of pistons, grade them too, and then match 'em
up: small dome to large piston, etc.

It certainly wouldn't have been very difficult to do, especially in the
relatively small quantities that they needed to do. In practice, did
they? I dunno, but I too have read somewhere that they're matched.

-- John