RE: Roadster on E-bay - Too Good to be True?

To: spl310@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Roadster on E-bay - Too Good to be True?
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:21:53 +0000
<<The carb on it is a DCOE or DCOM side draft weber - not a down draft.
Tuning it should not be too difficult.>>

I stand corrected...I thought it was a downdraft. I guess I'm just familiar
with looking at the old Hitachi SU Styled carbs.

On the other two cars...I'm with Sid on this...Both the cars were good
deals..

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA

>From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
>To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>Subject: RE: Roadster on E-bay - Too Good to be True?
>Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:02:43 -0400
>
>I have been watching this car since it showed up on Ebay, and I want to
>point out some corrections.  The carb on it is a DCOE or DCOM side draft
>weber - not a down draft.  Tuning it should not be too difficult.  There
>are rumors that the single side draft is not ideal, but in thinking about
>it, I am sure that someone can make it work.  Since it is a side draft, you
>can get aircleaners as cheap as $27 (NEW plus shipping) that would look
>GREAT on it, and the hood will have NO problems closing.
>
>The interior and paint color show some "interesting" choices, but I think
>that the car looks great as a starting point.  I would change a few items,
>but that is a personal taste issue.  If I had $2k, I would be on that car
>like a bad habit.  I bet that it is fun to drive!  Whoever gets that car
>will have a fun, useable daily driver that they can really enjoy.  It is a
>heck of a value.  I just wonder why no one hit Buy It Now...
>
>Now, if I had $4k, there is no doubt that I would have bought the 67.5 2000
>that Dan mentioned.  I know that the car was called the Frankenroadster,
>but who cares?  The VIN tells the tale.  Pick up the parts that are
>incorrect and put it back close to stock, and the value of that car will be
>quite high.  Even the salvage title can be "washed" to get rid of that if
>you know the secrets.
>
>Oh, and before you question the prices I threw out, I am factoring in some
>money for shipping...
>
>Sidney Raper
>1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
>1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
>Jacksonville Florida
>http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE