Parts/ head flow

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts/ head flow
From: "Daryl Smith" <daryl_smith@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:49:11 -0700
Thanks for all the replies.

I think I have most of my parts sourced for now, and with the lists advice and
experiences am a little better prepared to tackle the head.

I will post the results when it finally comes together and try to take some
pictures along the way if anyone is interested.

Extra thanks to Gordon and datsunmike who always seem to have both good advice
and helpful pointers. And Walter for his "ramblings".

I know the smart thing to do would be an engine swap, But for some strange
reason I just don't know how to follow the trend. In fact I almost always seem
to find the hard way.....

Case in point my stroker is a three main with the 1500 crank and will come out
to almost exactly 1800 cc's. I have, with a couple of freinds help, built the
pieces for a fuel injection manifold (at a shop being welded now), modifed the
crank pulley and mounted a toothed wheel for crank fired ignition (nothing
against Gary's Electronic Dist.). I bought a ceramic coated header from Dean,
and had a 270 deg. cam ground by the local shop. The flywheel has been
lightened to 17.5 lbs. and everything will be balanced.

The FI ecu is the Megasquirt DIY package ( found at www.msefi.com )

Yes it has been a lot of work, sometimes frustrating, but one hell of a
learning experience. Sometimes overwhelming. I am really looking forward to
finishing this motor, hopefully within two months.

Thanks again to all for the advice and parts. I'm sure there will be a few
more inane questions along the way.

Cheers
Daryl
'66 1600
(with ford, chevy, honda, mazda parts)...and maybe volvo "she aint pretty, she
just looks that way"