Re: Comp Springs?

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Comp Springs?
From: Steve Ehlers <stevenehlers@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:49:24 -0600
Hey Mark ,
Yes ,the comp springs are stiffer than stock ,but thats what you want !And lets
see you
come up with NOS early springs .For that matter ,try to come up with any year
NOS
stock
springs for any of our roadsters :-) .Thats why the comp springs are the way to
go .Ride quality
is determined More  by the rear springs and shocks ( How close is your "Bum" to
the rear wheels ?)
This is the reason .Also solid rear axle cars ride "stiff" ie. "like a go kart"
,hence the reason Datsun
and other Mnfgs went to Independant rear suspension . As an example ,Comp Ft
springs and Konis on
the tight settings and rear shocks set realatively soft ,and you have an Auto
Xing special :-)
Steve Ehlers
68 1600
69  2-Liter ( with solex )