Re: engine mod questions

To: "evan troxel" <evan@sensorydigital.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine mod questions
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 20:43:45 -0500
Who said you need Webers? I believe Steve Allen and I are running 2L carbs
with a ported manifold and modified linkage. I do believe you can use 1600
carbs but you'll need different needles. You'll have better bottom end but
run outta steam after about 5500 RPMs or so.

I have researched the Weber idea but I'm not going down that road as all
1600 manifolds use 40 DCOEs and a stroker with a cam would really need 45
DCOEs if you plan to rev it past about 6000 RPMs.

I use comp springs, a Manley Proflo valves and another Isky DR66 cam.

There ain't no substitute for cubes and my car is faster than my 1600 ever
was.

Mike