Re: Forwarded: Nissan factory head for sale

To: "RWM" <RWM@rwmann.com>, "Thomas - Sweden" <csp311@telia.com>
Subject: Re: Forwarded: Nissan factory head for sale
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:11:03 -0400
Datsun was heavy into rallying in Europe and elsewhere sanctioned by the FIA
and that's one of the main reasons for Datsun FIA heads. Europeans take
their rallying seriously and unlike the timed stages in the USA that keep
the speeds low, the Europeans do it by whose fastest not who is most
accurate over the stages.

Today I helped man a time station for a rally at Bridgehampton using just
such a method.

Mike

BTW, it was a really nice rally for cars built before 63. Allards, Healys,
Porsches, Ferraris, a Siata, Riley, Bugatti, Morgans and many MGs
participated. Great weather and we had 2 great stations. My Datsun garnered
a lot of attention as it seems many people owned one at one time or another.
When people saw my car there was a lot of reminiscing.