Re: Originality (kind of long)

To: "John Peak" <johnepeak@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Originality (kind of long)
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:04:43 -0800
Here's my two cents

Heck yea I care about originality. When I bought my 70 2000 it's was about
as pristine as any you could have seen. but I made some changes. When the
exhaust manifold cracked. I put in headers. I removed the smog equipment
(anybody want an air pump? No? I didn't think so). Basically, Iv'e done all
the accepted mods a roadster needs to correct it's weaknesses, Stan's brake
brace, Les's flex pipe. Ok, so I went Solex. Well, that's original equipment
everywhere except the U.S. Oh and the stereo in the Glove compartment. But,
the Toshiba AM still plays.

I still consider my car "Original". Oh, well, It's original to me!