Re: Steering Gear Box

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: Steering Gear Box
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 06:57:43 -0500
The reason I believe every one says you have to change the column are
because of the different splines on the later box and the fact that the
boxes are a bit different in size. However you can get custom made U joints
that have 2 different splines on each end which would end that problem.

I have an extra box of each type and a few years ago I measured them up and
emailed the company to see if they could make up such a joint and they said
it would be no problem.

Now all I have to do is remember the Company :) CRS attack!

Mike