RE: U20 Timing chains

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: U20 Timing chains
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 14:39:31 -0800
That would be Craig Hooper's car. You can see a couple of pictures of it at
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Shasta2001_cars.asp.

No, rubber belts will not survive in an oil bath. Yes, it took a heck of a lot
of work to re-engineer the motor for belts. Yes, they cut the front off the head
to do it (they also dry-sumped the engine). Yes, tensioners still have to be
replaced. No, I don't think it's worth it.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA