Re: U20 Timing chains

To: "Roadster" <roadster@texoma.net>,
Subject: Re: U20 Timing chains
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 10:58:09 -0500
Fred,

While it is an excellent idea the engineering and fabrication needed to do
the conversion would be more than the $900 it currently costs for the timing
chain stuff. The chains are easy to get made, it's the tensioners and guides
and gears that aren't but I think the tensioner rubber and guides can be
redone if someone wanted to lay out the $$ to have molds made and the old
ones used as cores.

Maybe other gears can be used and modified to fit.

Just a thought,
Mike