Re: water as fuel, not so crazy

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: water as fuel, not so crazy
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:58:03 -0800
...and that buys you what? Burning gasoline to produce electricity to
electrolyze water
into hydrogen and oxygen to burn? There are energy losses due to inefficiencies
all along
that chain. This is NOT a potential energy source for an automobile. As for
welding, if
you've got the electricity to use to electrolyze water into H and O, use it to
run an arc
welder instead.

BTW - I got a laugh from the bit on one "Brown's Gas" website I checked out
about the
"reduced volume" of the Brown's Gas producing a vacuum implosion, and the
"extra available
atomic-level energy" that produces "'plasma-type temperatures" that don't show
up as heat.
HA! LOL, ROF LOL.

Gary McCormick
"Trying to stop laughing, wiping the tears from my eyes..."
San Jose, CA

Adam Bradley wrote:

> What if you used a small gasoline engine - say 1600cc or 2000cc - to
> run the electrolysis machine, then fed its hydrogen and water directly
> into the "Brown's Gas implosion engine"?
>
> --- Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com> wrote:
> > One can split water into its component hydrogen and oxygen atoms by
> > electrolysis - but
> > don't go out and retrofit the ol' Roadster with a water tank and a
> > generator just yet. I
> > think this can be confirmed by someone on the list who remembers
> > their Chem and Physics
> > better, but I have a feeling that you'd be running at a deficit if
> > you tried to burn the
> > hydrogen and oxygen to run a generator to break the water into
> > hydrogen and oxygen to make
> > fuel for the engine - smacks of perpetual motion!
> >
> > Gary McCormick
> > San Jose, CA
> >
> > "C. Halsted" wrote:
> >
> > > I have read literature from a company that uses a process to change
> > the
> > > molecular formula of water and it becomes combustible. they even
> > use this
> > > process for welding and can do things like fuse glass rod to brick,
> > etc. put
> > > "Brown's Gas" into a search engine and see what you come up with.
> > >
> > > Craig Halsted
> > > roadsters and
> > >
> > > ///
> > > ///  datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net mailing list