Re: water as fuel, not so crazy

To: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: water as fuel, not so crazy
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:23:08 -0800
One can split water into its component hydrogen and oxygen atoms by
electrolysis - but
don't go out and retrofit the ol' Roadster with a water tank and a generator
just yet. I
think this can be confirmed by someone on the list who remembers their Chem and
Physics
better, but I have a feeling that you'd be running at a deficit if you tried to
burn the
hydrogen and oxygen to run a generator to break the water into hydrogen and
oxygen to make
fuel for the engine - smacks of perpetual motion!

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA

"C. Halsted" wrote:

> I have read literature from a company that uses a process to change the
> molecular formula of water and it becomes combustible. they even use this
> process for welding and can do things like fuse glass rod to brick, etc. put
> "Brown's Gas" into a search engine and see what you come up with.
>
> Craig Halsted
> roadsters and
>
> ///
> ///