Re: Question about Loose 5-speed tranny nut...

To: "Dwight Woodruff" <dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Question about Loose 5-speed tranny nut...
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:48:27 -0500
Woody,

Make sure that before you reassemble that 5th gear is splined or welded and
check the synchros. It would be a PITA if you were to get 5th gear neutral
again or have to pull the tranny because of a bad synchro - like me :(

Use locktight on the nuts but not the high performance one which is called
"red" Use the blue stuff. Also put it on the faces that touch each other.
That should eliminate that problem again.

Mike