Coolant Question - Embarising Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Coolant Question - Embarising Question
From: Mical Davis <drivemach1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:11:43 -0700 (PDT)
I can't believe I'm actually asking this.

I am in process of restoring my 69 1600 and have
replaced the belt, several
major gaskets, and ALL of the coolant lines.  Although
I've flushed and
filled my system a number of times in the last couple
of months since the
purchase of the car, I'm not 100% confident I am
filling the system
correctly.

My 1600 has the crazy coolant neck bolted to the head
rather than the 2000
radiator with the filler on the radiator itself.  When
I've flushed and
filled, I've simply slowly added coolant and water,
wait till it drains,
fill a little more, wait, fill, wait, etc.  After
running the car a little
I'll usually add a little more.  Is this the correct
process for filling
these funky coolant systems?

Thanks

Mical