Re: Harmonic balancer.

To: "Rourke, Brian" <Brian.Rourke@compaq.com>
Subject: Re: Harmonic balancer.
From: dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:10:47 -0700
Brian,

Just pulled mine the other day.  If you are going to do this with the
engine in the car (PITA) you need to first get the bolt off that holds
the HB.  I found that putting the car and gear and blocking the wheels
did not provide enough stopping power to remove the bolt.  I took off
the starter and used an angle bracket that could be bolted in using the
starter bolt that prevented the fly wheel from turning.  Use an HB
puller.  The reason that I was doing this job was that I used a gear
puller to take off the HB in the first place and weakened the rubber on
the HB.  On reinstallation the torque required is fairly high and having
the fly wheel blocked worked great.

Good luck,

Dana

--