Re: Throttle adjust screw

To: "The Belgian Roadster" <chriss@euregio.net>
Subject: Re: Throttle adjust screw
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:27:27 -0700
It was asked:
> Is there anybody out there, who can take a close picture of the
> throttle adjustment screw close to the throttle cable drum.
> It's the screw that is used to adjust the throttle of both carbs
> together.

Keith Williams used my car as a tune-up demo at the Shasta meet.
He feels that this screw is used during carb balancing ONLY (to
temporarily achieve a high RPM) and in normal operation should
not be touching the manifold. The idle speed should be adjusted at
each carb independently.

His philosophy makes a LOT of sense to me. (Keith, I sure hope I
got that correct!)

-- John

///
///