Re: Throttle adjust screw

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Throttle adjust screw
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:34:32 -0700 (PDT)
This screw should not press against anything for normal operation.  You
should adjust your carbs with all the linkage disconnected using the
individual throttle screws, then connect the linkage so it has zero
effect on the carbs (which may require adjusting some of those "bone"
connectors).

On the Z's, that single screw is called the "fast idle" screw and is
used to raise the car to 1500rpm to adjust high-end sync.  I'm not sure
what purpose it serves on the Roadster as there is no equivelant fast
idle per-carb adjustment on the throttle like there was on my 260z.
The Z had a screw that only came into play when the throttle was open.

Heh, I just found out last weekend that my fast idle screw is rusted in
place.  I'm going to have to replace that one of these days...

--- The Belgian Roadster <chriss@euregio.net> wrote:
> Hi friends,
> Is there anybody out there, who can take a close picture of the
> throttle adjustment screw close to the throttle cable drum.
> It's the screw that is used to adjust the throttle of both carbs
> together. The screw has always been missing on my 2000 with SU-carbs.
> I can see the thread where the screw has to be but the part itself is
> a bit bended, so I do not know where the screw has to push against
> the
> manifold.
> Chris-The Belgian Roadster
> http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1424148&a=10670695&f=0