Re: 260Z Roadster

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 260Z Roadster
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 02:12:38 EDT
Received a couple of messages along these lines.

> I hate to say it, but the legend on the back should read "Samurai".
> Good-looking car, though!

In the UK the race cars developed by Spike Anderson were called Samuris
without the 'a'. Basically, Spike couldn't spell. Big Sam won the 1974
National Modsports Championship with Win Percy at the wheel. It's back racing
today.

There were a number of Samuris developed for the road. My 260Z has a Samuri
head with triple Webers etc, etc.

see:: http://zhome.com/History/BigSamHistory.htm

Spike now lives in Spain - the taxman would dearly love to speak to him. Paul
Hardiman of Classic & Sportscar mag (who is doing the article on my 2000 is
currently writing a book on the Samuris - he's just come back from Spain
having enjoyed a rare interview with the legendary Spike. Should make good
reading.

Rob

///
///