Re: See Fig 29 Anyone?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <Geegc@aol.com>
Subject: Re: See Fig 29 Anyone?
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 20:49:38 -0700
>Do you know if 24, 25 and 16, 17-23 are inside the clutch and not seen from
underneath the car (cause I didn't see them), or if they are supposed to be
on the other side of the lever from 39, 40 41, 42?

That's the pivot point of the clutch lever. 24, 25 is a split washer, 17-23
is the pivot ball. Alought theoretically they could provide adjustment, They
are inside the bell housing and are meant to be tightened, hence, the split
lock washer.

>Right now there is no adjustment left in the clutch, as it went out
suddenly
on the way back from Mt. Palomar, and it slips quite a bit in 3rd and 4th.
wonder if 24, 25 17-23 provide more adjustment.

Time has come, my friend, for a clutch change. You can't bargain with the
clutch gods over this one.

///
///