67.5 is painted & questions (long)

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67.5 is painted & questions (long)
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 20:58:30 -0700
Greetings all,
First, thanks for all the replies on the original tire diameter.

Second, the good news is that my 67.5 is now
all black.  Just painted it today.  PPG base coat
clear coat in black of course.  I do have a couple
(really 4) small runs.  Not bad for never doing a complete
paint job before.  I can fix them when I cut and buff the
finish.  Now it is time to start to reassemble the body.

Remember, I have been doing a frame off, and the body
has been stripped of everything.

My question is, did I read somewhere, where someone
mentioned a replacement for the metal posts that hold
the stainless trim on that are made of plastic?  If so,
what did they come on and is there an outlet for them.?

Next, I will be working on the engine bay first, trying to
put all of the little parts back on the firewall before I
drop the body back on the frame.  I know I need to
fit the water drain hose, grommets, heater valve and probably the
throttle shaft/rod or I won't be able to get to them
since the engine is on the frame already.  Is there anything else
I should put back on the firewall before I set the body on
the frame?  Should the wiring harness be hooked to the starter.
After hearing how difficult it is to get to that starter, just thought
I should ask.

Bob
67.5
Moscow, Idaho