Update - Weird light problem

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update - Weird light problem
From: "Jack Davis" <jrd.boulder@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:22:40 -0600
After tracing wires, cleaning contacts, testing switches, etc. I finally got
all my lights, turn signals, dash lights, and the high/low beams to work the
way they were supposed to (not sure what I did right).

I called my wife out to show her my handiwork and puff out my chest at
overcoming the electrical gremlins in  her car. Big mistake.

When I put the light switch back in the dash new gremlins arrived. I should
have just left it hanging. Now when I pull the switch out one notch I get
nothing - no marker lights, no parking lights, no tail lights. The
headlights come on (low beam) when I go to the second notch but no tail
lights and no High beams. Turn signals work just fine.

I have come to the conclusion that there is a loose connection/short in the
wiring bundle under the dash. That is the only thing I touched after
everything started working again. Tomorrow I will pull the seat and dig into
that mass of spaghetti.

Any helpful hints from any unfortunate soul who has delved into the dash
wiring?

-
Jack Davis
'69 2000