jaw hit the floor

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: jaw hit the floor
From: Pagone@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:16:05 EDT
OK, all,

   I have to admit, NOW I feel like a part of the group. I think I
experienced the feeling, as most of you I think have, upon hearing the news
that your car needs MAJOR work, and is not advisable safe to drive until the
work is done.
   Just got back from where I was supposed to get an alignment. The gentleman
with grease up to his elbows was kind enough to inform me that I need to
replace the lower ball joints, the tie rods, the idler arm (which I hear are
pretty hard to come by), the upper arm  bushings, and that the steering box
bolts need tightening. Not to mention that I'm missing the shims on the right
side and the front tie rod boots are worn.

    When it rains it pours!

   The good news is I replaced the clutch slave cylinder so that's not
leaking anymore, had the radiator rodded and installed a 160 thermostat and
put in fresh coolant.  I hear the car sigh when I was done and took it for a
test drive. To my delight it stayed nice and cool (for a roadster, that is!).

All that said, anyone want to buy a cute, little red sports car?

Vilia