Re: jaw hit the floor

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: jaw hit the floor
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:02:40 -0500
Ditto.

Find a mechanic who knows the roadsters, and have them give it
a look over. Sigh, I have come across some that were driven
hard and long, and didn't one ONE zerk fitted. Front end was
pretty shot on that one.

Of those rubber tie rod end boots. I had a dozen of them. All
new. Eight turned into liquid black goo. Only the part number
gave away what had been inside the brown bag or plastic bag.
Funny I still have FOUR that are perfect. Yes, they made those
tie rod boots out of different material for inner and outer
layers. Funny how four still look new as day.

The HIGHEST offer I get for the four boots in the next 24 hours
gets them. Catch... you send me a check made out to the
American Cancer Society for the donation*, and the rubber boots
(four) will be on their way to.

http://www.tomwalter.com/eBay/tie_rod_boot.jpg
Part number is 48522-25900 on the bag.

Cheers,

Tom

*Trivia: Like all foundations, they will keep and resell
your name. Sigh. I found out the best way to prevent that is
to buy a POSTAL MONEY ORDER made out to the charity. Keep the
top half for YOUR RECORDS (Tax donation) mail the bottom half
with only a name and no address. Bingo, no junk mail. Too late
for me as I am already on their list. ;-)