Re: Need help to id SU carbs

To: roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need help to id SU carbs
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:35:55 -0500
Nissan A series engine?? (if carbs are 1.5" 38mm)

To bolt on the Datsun Competition SU setup required a
non USA cylinder head (GX series) from what I recall.

The A12-A13-A14-A15 engines ran for some years. I remember
seeing the A15's in RWD vehicles in Mexico. Typically
those motors had a single carb, but would not be suprised
to discover a "SSS" version with the SU's on it.

What is the throat diameter of those carbs?  The round
domes and four bolt flange almost look like a 46mm. Yet,
that would be too large for a 1500cc motor.

Tom