Re: Need help to id SU carbs

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need help to id SU carbs
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:21:41 -0500
>snyler

> E and J series engines have two round ports for intake, but 4
> rectangular?  A series? L series?  Intruiguing.

Well, they don't look at all like the A Series SU setup drawings that are in
the MotorSport Schematic book. That rig has the float bowls on the outside
of the carb bodies and shows a hookup for a cable type linkage rather than
the mechanical twist style.

Mike (and anyone else for that matter), regarding posting news and your
feeling about this past week's events. As far as I'm concerned post as much
as you feel the need to. We are really somewhat of an extended family here.
Blaine Benson, immediate past administrator of the Bluebirds (510) list and
roadster owner, lives and works in NYC. I'm pretty sure the list server is
there still. I didn't think about it until I saw no 510 list postings for
about 24 hours a couple of days ago. Sent Blaine a note, haven't heard back.
This has touched all of our lives.

With the outpouring of concern, love and help, I don't think I've ever been
prouder to be an American.

Ron