clutch leak query

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch leak query
From: Pagone@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:07:20 EDT
Thoughts, anyone?

   On the drive to the store earlier, I noticed my clutch pedal was only
springing back up MAYBE halfway.
   Checked the fluid level when I got home to find it empty with sludge-ish
stuff at the bottom.

   No doubt it needs to be bled now, but any thoughts on where roadsters
frequently leak when they leak clutch fluid?
   Where are the obvious spots for me to check?
   And what's the deal with the dregs at the bottom of the cylinder?

   Pardon the lack of knowledge on the basics, but I am new to the world of
old cars (or any cars, for that matter) and I reeeeally want to take as best
care of this car as I possibly can, so any insight would be much appreciated,
as is everyone's patience with me!  :)
Thanks!
Vilia