Re: clutch leak query

To: Pagone@aol.com
Subject: Re: clutch leak query
From: Fred Schroeder <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:11:57 -0500
Hi Vilia,

The sludge is normal if the system isn't flushed on a regular basis.  Regular
flushing is something that really should not be overlooked.  (Clutch and brakes)

Take a look under the right side.  On the side of the bell housing you will see
the clutch slave cylinder.  It is connected with a hose to the steel tubing
anchored to the frame.  Anything rubber is more likely to leak than the steel
parts.  Check carefully around the cylinder and the hose while someone holds the
clutch in.  Check the master cylinder as I've seen them leak from around the
base
of the reservoir. It could well be that is seeping out somewhere and finally
emptied the cylinder as opposed to a noticeable leak.  Check the fittings to
make
sure one of them hasn't worked lose.  And, even metal gives up the ghost and
leaks sometimes (holes, stress cracks, etc.)

BTW, the bleeder nipple is on the back of the slave cylinder right next to the
hose.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Denison, TX