Re: Installing new brake pads

To: Todd Barker <barkert@centinela.k12.ca.us>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Installing new brake pads
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:11:12 -0700 (PDT)
Todd,

Pull the wheels again and check to make sure nothing
is binding.  When I installed new calipers recently, I
put everything back together, installed the pads,
everything looked fine, but I inadvertantly did not
have the little metal retaining clip all the way back
in.  It rubbed when I broke.  sounded like hell, and
made a nice scar in my rotor.  Everything must be
alligned and should fit without forcing or binding.
My guess is you just need to fully compress your
pistons and start from scratch.

Mike, SC