Re: Installing new brake pads

To: "Todd Barker" <barkert@centinela.k12.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Installing new brake pads
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 18:58:49 -0400
Todd,

I have been using silicone from the start in 1979 and I still ruined
calipers because of rust INSIDE the brake lines.

Now you understand why I said to replace ALL the lines.

My calipers were about 6 years old also. The rears went too. I opened up the
calipers and there was rust in the pistons and ruined my seals.

Sorry, silicone only stops rust if the brake lines aren't rusted. I can
guarantee you that rust is the culprit especially since you replaced the
rubber hoses.

Mike