Re: Installing new brake pads

To: "Todd Barker" <barkert@centinela.k12.ca.us>,
Subject: Re: Installing new brake pads
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 18:22:14 -0400
Todd,

Sounds like the caliper cylinders are rusted and will not allow the pistons
to retract. It's not an uncommon problem. You'll have to get new ones or
have yours resleeved. I would go for resleeving as they cylinders should
never rust again with brass inserts.

FWIW, I'd also replace all the brake lines at the same time - all the brake
lines. You won't believe how much rust is in the lines and you'll score the
cylinders from the rust particles.

Mike