Starter Removal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Starter Removal
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 13:42:25 -0700 (PDT)
List, I am preparing to remove the starter that is
malfunctioning (newly installed "rebuilt" 2000
starter) and wanted to pick your brains on the minimum
stuff I am going to have to remove to accomplish this.
 Mine is a '66 with the triangular brace on the bady
just outboard of the starter, so it ain't coming out
thru the hole between the frame & the body by going in
thru the front wheel well.  It is not going to drop
down because of the header & the exhaust.  Am I going
to have to pull the intake manifold?, or will pulling
the carbs give me enough room.  Just do not want to
pull more than I have to.  Experience, SPEAK!

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC