Re: Roadster list 2000 registry update

To: vlaury@earthlink.net, ristguitars@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: Roadster list 2000 registry update
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 20:47:12 EDT
In a message dated 07/28/2000 10:12:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
vlaury@earthlink.net writes:

> Whatever is done, It needs the involvement of all of us to keep it rolling.
>  If it's started again, lets not forget to use the information that's
already
>  been compiled on these two sites. And If you have a LINKS page on your
site,
>  Make sure you have them listed. Draw attention to them by giving them a big
>  bold font "List your car on the registries" heading. The only way I could
>  find Van's site tonight was to search his email tag name "demontsi" on
>  ListQuest.

A lot of people don't realize how must work it does take to maintain
something when it's just done in their spare time. It's easy to underestimate
the time commitment required when you first get started and are hyped up
about it. When I first started working on the list, I had a lot of spare time
and could devote it all to maintaining the list and the rest of the web page.
But as I got busy, I've had to put those things on the back burner... Then
there are all the unforseen things that happen that can set you back too... I
still have about a dozen requests for additions and corrections to the list
that I haven't been able to get to cuz I screwed my desktop comp for a while
when I was tweaking with it.

Anyway, I applaud what roman is doing..but I do wonder what his ultimate
goals are. Did you want to compile and display all the info on a web page? Or
maybe publish it in a book format? The old print registry that mike bell used
to put out was a very good resource! If you want to put the info up on the
web, the *best* way to do it is to set up a database on a back end and...
that way you can easily add and change info. Well, whatever route you
take...it's gonna be quite a bit of work!

Van
Not sure of the #s of any of my remaining roadsters!