Roadster list 2000 registry update

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster list 2000 registry update
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 18:05:51 -0700 (PDT)
List,
thank you all very much for the info that you folks have provided.
I have gotten some very good responses. seems to be some interest  and
support to link the info to a database and a website ( like I know what
the hell that means). however, the point is that people more
knowedgeable than myself are interested in this project, and I'm all
for it! I am just a roadster owner who wants to see some current
documentation and stats on these cars that we love. whoever's site this
ends up on I dont much care. I do care that the info is out there.
Now, I do know that there is a site that has pictures to cars across
the country. Who runs that site, and would they like to be involved????

Some of you have expressed interest in the project but didn't include
your cars, #s, location, etc.

For those of you not responding;
A) do you not like the idea?
B) do you feel it has been done before?
C) apathy?
D) invasion of privacy?
E) do you not like me?

FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!

Keep in mind this; Our cars are very RARE !
I live in LA, where there are quite a few roadsters, and I'd say half
of them are not the list.
When I am involved in a Roadster sighting, I sometimes, break all
traffic laws to chase the person (guy or gal) down to talk to them.
What a thrill, to see a car of your own kind!
I can't Imagine what it would be like in a part of the country or world
where there are 2!
Imagine what the response would be of a Unicorn seeing another in a
land filled with horses! Well, our cars are like the Unicorn, almost as
extinct and just as magical!

Our vendors, like them or not, are the Merlins of our times.A mere
phone call or trip to your favorite vendor can bring down from the
sacred parts shelf the magic potion to bring your car back to life! I
don't think any of these guys are making a great living, probably more
an expression of their passion.

Just as an aside;  before I dicovered the list, I've always had
roadsters, but I was "roadster Deprived" for 4years! I had a 67.5 that
had been hit and I couldn't find parts for it. everyone I knew either
thought I was crazy or full of it.( this rare japanese sportscar didn't
really exist) But I persisted and kept my body man's faith alive.
Now I have 3! and the parts to finish off the 67.5!
All this thanks to the combined efforts and communication lines of the
list.

Our cars are Rare, let's get them documented and accounted for!

Thank you, Roman Rist
Ps. below is the original message