Thermostat Housing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Thermostat Housing
From: Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 07:18:21 -0500
I think that I may be going through the same thing that Daniel went through
right before Shasta...  My car has been running hot and with temps around
100 degrees outside, I haven't been cruising the roadster much.  Well,
enough of that I thought.  Went to Pep Boys and matched up a new thermostat
and picked a gasket that looked like it would fit and figured that this
would be an easy swap.  Things are going great, start the car and coolant is
pouring out of the bottom of the housing!  Dang Nabbit - cracked the housing
in half!

Is the housing different for a the 2000's vs. the 1600's?

What is that large bolt on top of the housing for?  Could I grind it down
and make it "pretty"?

What are the proper torque specs for this thing?

If I can't find one locally (I only have one idea) does anyone have one they
would part with?

Thanks.

Chris Brucciani
Marietta, GA