Ball joints

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ball joints
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:05:32 -0700
Hi,

I read with interest, Russell Criswell's message about his upper A-arm and
the shocks. I have KYB shocks and they installed with no problem through
the lower A-arm. Are there different sizes of KYB's for the front?

My main question is about ball joints. If you have great condition ball
joints, what are they supposed to feel like if you were to move them
through their full range of motion?

I cleaned up the set I took off the junker '68 I chopped up. The upper ball
joints are very stiff, and difficult to move around. However, the lower
ball joints are very loose, and the ball has a lot of space under it's
orbit in the socket. Are they supposed to be loose, or should they be tight
like the upper ball joints?

Fred "katman" - So.SF
BADROC