ZX wheels a shakin'

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: ZX wheels a shakin'
From: Beamonk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:37:30 EDT
I have taken out my car with the newly finished zx wheels. With new tires
they balanced out very well. I put them on with the 7/16 lugs with double
washers. After about 30 or so miles I have not lost a wheel and the lugs
remain tight, but the car feels unbalanced and tends to shake. The general
consenus is to use the 12mm lugs and z car studs, which I didn't. I tried the
skinniest 12mm stud that my parts guy had, but they were not even close to
fitting. Is the zx  stud tapered, is it skinny behind the threads or will I
have to drill out my rotors to get the bigger studs to fit? Any other idead
will be appreciated, I recall a tapered lug and insert wqas suggested, but
anyone I have called goes "huh" Thanks.
John Brasfield BTW alignment and everything else is good