filters in the carb tops! What'll they think of next!

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: filters in the carb tops! What'll they think of next!
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:46:37 -0700
Huh?
    I'm missing something!  None of the three SU setups that I have has
these filters   <quick trip to the factory manual>  oooooh, lookee
there, it sez "filter"! Right inside the banjo bolts, where you'd expect
'em.
    Well, I'll be!  Learn something new every day.  Now correct me if
I'm wrong on this, but I don't think the original Skinner Union carbs (
H or HS 6) had this filter, did they?
Toby