Re: Wheel Mystery

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel Mystery
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:21:29 -0700
Those look like the early American Racing wheels that some dealers sold as
optional wheels. They had
a steel rim and an aluminum center riveted to the rim. There were two reported
problems with them:
(1) they tended to leak, and (2) they sometimes cracked around the rivets. They
were on my car when
I first got it, but I replaced them with 1-piece wheels because of the reported
problems. I saw a
set at Shasta last weekend.

--
Gordon Glasgow