Re: Wheel mystery

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel mystery
From: Robbie Harrison <robbie@eaglesol.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:56:06 -0400
Hi! I'm new to the list, and have sadly been away from last roadster for
many years. I recognized the Rader wheels, same as on one of the cars my dad
and I tracked down for parts back when I had my first 1600, in 1985. I think
he still has a set of four.

We used to go and at least look at every roadster we saw in the classifieds,
and bought several. I'm in Connecticut now, and he's in North Carolina, and
I've been trying to talk him out of the last roadster we were working on, a
white 1970 2000 that we were restoring when I moved up here in '87. It had
just come back from bodywork and paint, ready to be reassembled, when I got
a job up here. Dad wasn't up to finishing it alone, and the poor thing has
been sitting on blocks in his garage ever since. The big box of parts from
Rallye is still sitting in the garage with the car, just waiting. I hope to
bring it north in August to restart the restoration job. Maybe when I get
that one on the road dad will finally put his back together. He's still got
a white '69 2000 that he bought new, but it needs a lot of TLC. He's also
still got the silver 1600 I used to drive and the red 1600 my sister drove,
but they have succumbed to coastal Carolina's infamous metal termites, so
most of the sheet metal on those is very rough.
Is anybody on the list in Connecticut? I don't think I've seen a single
roadster in the New Haven area the whole 13 years I've lived here!