Re: lack of power

To: mitch@ias.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lack of power
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:23:39 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/00 3:50:08 PM !!!First Boot!!!, mitch@ias.net writes:

<< I finally took my car out for a drive. It's been a couple of years at
least.
 I needed fresh gas and some air in the tires, so I did that and while
 driving around I noticed a lack of power. I was in third gear going up a
 gentle incline at about 4000 rpms and had the gas pedal floored and wasn't
 picking up any speed. >>

Was it sputtering?  Hesitating?  Running smoothly but with no power?  It
could be a number of different things.  Especially if you havnt run it in
over two years.  My guesses would be that the carbs may be slightly varnished
over with old gas.  How is the fuel filter?  Plugs, points, rotor...etc?

Do a complete tune-up and them your performance should change.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
BADROC