Re: lack of power

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Mitch Planck" <mitch@ias.net>
Subject: Re: lack of power
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:47:24 -0700
Hi Mitch,

My guess is that the carbs are fouled due to the old gas. You should take
them apart, and clean up the lines and fittings with carb cleaner and blow
them out with compressed air. It wouldn't hurt and your performance will
improve.

Because you have to raise the piston manually to get a smooth rev, I
suspect that not enough gas flow is happening to raise it when you open the
throttle. Do you get good results when you use the choke?

You would be surprised how old gas can get gummy and mess up the lines in the
carbs, sort of like cholesterol does it to human arteries.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC